Monday, March 31, 2008

SEND THE CLOWNS HOME


Here's something I snagged from my daily reading. No, not the latest Pat Condell video, but the text below. Take it at face value, it won't bite.

So the problem lies not with the Muslims who commit savage acts of violence in the name of Islam, but with the filmmakers who point out that Muslims commit savage acts of violence in the name of Islam? And the solution is to ban freedom of expression in the name of protecting freedom of expression? What a fascinating exercise in double-think!

As a secular person born into the Shiite faith, I say send all those Moslems back to where they came from if they don't like the Western culture of personal freedom and that of free expression. For the life of me I do not understand why Westerners put up with this hypocisy. Do you think they would extend the same courtesy to you? I don't think so.

What Moslems need is the same reformation Christians went through several centuries ago. All religions must be defanged for the sake of sanity and humanity.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home