Wednesday, November 21, 2007

THROUGH A GLASS DARKLY


It's not easy in the world of appearances to disappear.
Dreaming, one pixel at a time. One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. Okay, that's an old riff I lifted from the man on the moon, but having just signed up for the news aggragate Technorati, I'm feeling more than a bit bellicose right now, in fact I am feeling dizzzzz zeeeeee....

Technorati Profile

Which reminds me that I have recently kindled a fledgling friendship with a woman who's somewhat of a semi-pro in the political activist game, as far away from my point of view as to seem a mere speck on the horizon, this anarcho-Marxist seems to always be on the prowl for fellow operatives, a beautiful, delightful, captivating woman, but how dare she tell me this week that I seem to project little or no politics. My response to her was simple, "I know what I am against more than I know what I am for."

This was a lie, but it seemed appropriate.

I thought my response summed things up rather nicely, especially since I had leveled a similar characterization at dozens of hard Left associates who have dragged me into their oscillating sphere of influence the past twenty uears or so, associates who were quite nimble and adept at negatively critiquing every cubic inch of modern life as we know it, but never seemed to have three words to rub together in actually articulating a workable vision of a better world, much less slaying the existing dragon, laying the new tracks and dredging the old tributaries true believers in this brave new world would require in getting from here to there.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home